NYS NUrses Association
Nominations: 2013 NYSNA Awards
NYSNA will honor members for their outstanding contributions to our practice and patient care at our convention. Nominate an outstanding nurse today.
We will award members based on the following categories:
- The Economic and General Welfare Award recognizes outstanding contributions to nurses' collective bargaining.
- The Legislative Award recognizes outstanding advocacy for legislation.
- The Membership Award recognizes outstanding contributions to the mission of NYSNA.
- The Nursing Education Award recognizes outstanding contributions to basic, graduate, or continuing nursing education.
- The Nursing Practice Award recognizes outstanding contributions to clinical nursing practice.
- The Statewide Peer Assistance Network Award recognizes outstanding contributions to peer assistance.
- The Nursing Student Leader Award recognizes outstanding leadership during education in nursing. (This award is awarded to current nursing students.)
- The Media Award recognizes significant contributions in portraying the mission of nursing in the media. (RNs and non-RNs are both eligible for this award.)
CLICK HERE to download the nomination form. Nominations are due Wednesday, Sept. 18.
To submit this form, complete, scan and e-mail to Daniel.Ray@nysna.org or fax to 212.785.0429.
- Nominations may be submitted by any member of NYSNA; an NYSNA organizational unit; a constituent district nurses association.
- All nominations must be submitted on NYSNA award nomination forms. Incomplete nominations will be returned. Type or print legibly. Supply all information requested.
- A completed nominations form is all that is required to be nominated. The nominee’s curriculum vitae and letters of support may be sent to supplement the nomination, but are not required.
- All nominations and materials relating to them will be treated in a confidential manner.
- The Awards Committee will consider all complete nominations and present a report with its recommendations to the board of directors. The board will determine awards recipients.
- The association will notify recipients approved by the board of directors by letter and will invite them to attend the NYSNA convention presentation ceremony. If a recipient cannot be present, the presentation will be made in absentia or to the recipient’s designee.
- An individual may be nominated for, and is eligible to receive, more than one NYSNA award.