:: Top of Page
- Nursing Scholarship - Scholarship/financial aid resources for students
- Scholarshiphelp.org - Scholarship access, applications, processes, and the steps to achieve maximum financial aid.
- To Be A Nurse - For older, high-school aged students, as well as returning adult students interested in nursing. Provides access to intelligent and scientific nursing information, while addressing all subjects from grants to career-tracks.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Discover information on specific occupations by entering its name in the “search by occupation” box.
- Nursing License Map - A comprehensive resource for nursing licensure information across the United States.
- Best Nursing Degree - A compendium of nursing education resources profiling more than 2,300 schools, nursing expert interviews and articles on the nurisng profession.
- Careerbuilder - Nationwide database of healthcare career opportunities
- Chronicle of Higher Education - The Chronicle of Higher Education maintains this site for those interested in teaching positions in colleges and universities
- Federal Job Search - US Dept of Commerce nationwide listing of federal jobs.
- HospitalLink.com - A broad healthcare web site, with individual hospitals (national and international) listing available positions.
- Medical AdMart - Job advertisements from various healthcare journals
- Monster.com - Nationwide listing of healthcare jobs
- NYS Department of Civil Service
- NYSNA - Current job opportunities (listed regionally) from New York healthcare employers.
- Association of Community Health Nursing Educators
- Careplans.com - Clinical resources for nursing students and clinicians.
- Certified Legal Nurse Consultants - National training company and publisher
- Cinahl Information Systems - Comprehensive healthcare information (fee based)
- eiNet - Searchable Internet directory
- eMedNY - New York's Medicaid program claims processing system. eMedNY allows New York Medicaid providers to submit claims and receive payments for Medicaid-covered services provided to eligible clients, with several innovative technical features.
- Family Decisions Coalition
- Hardin Library for Health Sciences - University of Iowa Libraries database resource
- Health Insurance Information, Counseling and Assistance - NYS Office for the Aging
- Healthlinks - Online nursing resources directory
- Health on the Net - A Swiss based, not-for-profit portal to medical information on the Internet
- Long Term Care Community Coalition (LTCCC)
- Medscape Nursing - An integrated resource of medical information (free: registration required)
- NYS Community Health Partnership - Key public and private statewide groups supporting investment in local community health activities throughout New York
- NYS Department of Health
- NYS Department of Labor
- NYS Education Department
- NYS Office for the Aging
- Office of the Professions - NYS license applications, status and disciplinary information
- Nurse.com - Nursing news, education, careers, and forums
- Nurse.org - Information for advanced practice registered nurses
- Nurses House - A national charitable foundation dedicated to helping nurses in need
- Nurses Service Organization (NSO) - NYSNA-endorsed insurance provider dedicated to serving the Professional Liability Insurance needs of Nurses and Nurse Practitioners, as well as Home Health Care and Staffing Agencies, with more than 650,000 nursing professionals insured.
- Nursing Center - A portal to more than 800 CE activities and thousands of clinical articles
- RN Work Project - a national study of new nurses, focusing on career changes and work attitudes, led by Christine T. Kovner, Ph.D., R.N., F.A.A.N. NYU College of Nursing and Carol S. Brewer, Ph.D., R.N., F.A.A.N. UB School of Nursing.
- Resources for Nurses and Families
- RxList: The Internet Drug Index
- U.S. National Institute of Nursing Research
- U.S. National Library of Medicine's Databases & Electronic Information Sources
:: Top of Page
- US Department of Labor
- National Labor Relations Board
- Federal Labor Relations Authority
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- WNY Labor Today — Western New York’s regional labor news website, featuring a variety stories state and nationwide that you can’t find anywhere else in the mainstream and local media
- New York State AFL-CIO
Health and Safety
- enviRN.org - For nurses interested in Envrionmental Health
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission Online Recall Information
Congress.org Find local, state, and federal elected officials, register to vote, and more
- The White House
- U.S. House of Representatives / U.S. Senate
- Thomas Information on the status of bills pending before Congress
- New York State State agencies, regulations and legislation, and other information
- NYS Assembly/NYS Senate
- NYS Legislature Information on the status of bills pending before the Legislature
- NYS Board of Elections State candidates and congressional and state legislative district info
- Project Vote-Smart Bios, positions, voting records and more on candidates/elected officials
- NYC Public Advocate New York City resources and local elected officials
Following is a list of coalitions NYSNA is affiliated with, in the interest of providing quality healthcare. For more information on these, contact Governmental Affairs: 518.782.9400, ext. 283.
- NYS Healthy Eating and Physical Activity Alliance (NYSHEPA), dedicated to improving policy and practices promoting healthy eating and physical activity.
- Medicaid Matters New York (MMNY)
- Healthcare NOW/Single Payer, education and advocacy for the U.S. health insurance crisis.
- Long Term Care Community Coalition (LTCCC), improving care for the elderly and disabled.
- Rekindling Reform encouraging debate and discussion on providing affordable health care.
- Alliance of NY Licensed Health Professions addresses licensure, health care and practice issues.
- Citizen Action of New York promoting campaign finance reform, universal health, healthcare quality.
- Coalition for a Healthy NY, addresses reducing smoking incidences/second-hand smoke exposure.
- Environmental Advocates Coalition
- Family Decisions Coalition allows appointment of a surrogate for incapacitated patients.
- Health Care Without Harm addresses environmental issues in healthcare.
- Metro NY Health Care, a regional (NYC) division of the New York State Health Care Campaign.
- NYS Alliance for Retired Americans advocates for retired AFL-CIO affiliated union members.
- New York State Health Care Campaign ensures quality, affordable healthcare for all New Yorkers.
- New York State Public Employees Conference advocating for public workers' rights and benefits.
- New York Statewide Senior Action Network promotes tax fairness and quality health care.
- New York State AFL-CIO Nurses Task Force supporting legislative initiatives of interest to nurses.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
- National Institute on Alcoholism and Alcohol Abuse (NIAAA)
- Office of National Drug Policy
- Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS)
- Office of the Professions (State Education Dept.)
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- AA Meeting Finder (NYS)
- The National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence
- Cocaine Anonymous
- Adult Children of Alcoholics