The New York State Nurses Association is the oldest and largest state nurses association in the country. For more than a century, the Association has been a recognized leader in serving the needs of nurses and the nursing profession. We invite other nursing organizations to partner with us as Organizational Affiliates.
Organizational Affiliates (and their members) have unique access to Association resources to support their efforts to protect patients and advance the nursing profession.
Benefits and Privileges
- Two complimentary subscriptions to New York Nurse (magazine published ten times annually) and the Journal of the New York State Nurses Association (biannual peer-reviewed journal). (Value: $100.)
- 25% discount on renting space in the Nurses Association’s state-of-the-art conference center. (Value: $150 per day)
- 5% discount on exhibiting at the NYSNA Convention. (Value: $50)
- RN affiliate members may register for Convention at NYSNA member rates (Value: $70)
- 5% discount on continuing education provider application fee (Value: $180)
- A dedicated link on the NYSNA website (www.nysna.org) with your listing as an organizational affiliate (Value: $300 value per month)
- Complimentary inter-library loan/research support from the NYSNA Nursing Library and access to its extensive collection of periodicals and publications.
- Opportunities to collaborate with other state nurses’ associations and nursing organizations.
- Access to professional development opportunities for your members and staff.
- Access to experts on New York laws and regulations affecting nursing practice.
- Access to Nurses Association speakers for your organization’s annual meetings.
- Preferred sponsorship opportunities at NYSNA special events and other programs.
To become an Organizational Affiliate, organizations must:
- have registered nurses as more than 50% of their membership;
- maintain a mission and purpose harmonious with that of NYSNA;
- either be located in New York State or provide services to other organizations or constituents within the state [No national organizations may become affiliates];
- have been incorporated or in existence for at least two years;
- be governed by a majority of registered nurses.
Requirements, Obligations, Fees
Organizational affiliates must agree to:
- complete the Organizational Affiliate application;
- pay an annual affiliate fee;
- an initial two-year review period as an Organizational Affiliate and thereafter every five years, or at the request of either the Affiliate or the NYSNA Board of Directors;
- notify NYSNA of any organization officer changes;
- include NYSNA on distribution lists for press releases and publications;
- notify NYSNA of annual meetings.
|# of Members
||Annual Membership Fee
|Up to 250
|251 - 500
|501 - 750
|751 - 1,000
||Determined by the NYSNA Board of Directors
For additional information, e-mail or call 518.782.9400, ext. 279.