Nursing Research | Research Resource Links
The Council on Nursing Research aims to develop awareness and the need for nursing research, which may include such initiatives and services as:
1. Identifying opportunities for nursing research.
2. Providing nursing research consultation.
3. Sharing nursing research activities for Association members and leadership.
4. Analyzing and disseminating quality data for nursing practices and standards.
The present council drafted four strategies as the focus of their work. All of these strategies align with goals identified in the NYSNA Strategic Plan:
- Develop a process for research-related consultation referral requests from members and non-members.
- Develop and conduct a needs assessment survey to identify the members’ research-priority needs.
- Establish a NYSNA Council of Nursing Research - Schools of Nursing Research Faculty Collaborative Team to serve as the resource team for the council.
- Collaborate with NYSNA departments and councils in developing strategic approaches to relevant and prevailing issues affecting nursing, i.e. the value of Nursing Intensity Weights, implementing recommendations and the implications resulting from the IOM-RWJF Future of Nursing Report (APRN model and accountability, doctoral education, etc.), patient safety initiatives, safe staffing ratios, etc.
Have a research process question? Don't know where to begin? Refer to the attached list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for assistance.
Are you eligible for assistance from the Council? Download, print, complete and return the following form to make an formal request for consideration by the Council on Nursing Research.
- Request for Research Consultation (.pdf; fillable and savable. Please note: use and modification of this document is not secure; privacy cannot be guaranteed when returning this document electronically. For complete security, please print, complete and return .pdf form versions by first class mail.)
Contact Education, Practice and Research at 518.782.9400, ext. 282 or by e-mail.